Monday, July 11, 2011

Pale, Skinny, and Hairy

Note: The following should not be interpreted as complaining, just observations.

Usually in the summer, I'm heading to the pool or the beach to work on damaging my skin, enjoying the heat.  With the extra free time, I've also embark on obscene summer exercise regimes.

2011 has not been usually, thus I'm pale, skinny, and hairy.  The average temperature since I've been at Hatcher Pass (3500 ft) is 50 degrees.  Its been sunny maybe 8 or 9 days in the past 5-6 weeks.  I have not worn shorts, or flip-flops at all, hardly ever have on short sleeves.  (Why did I bring any?)  Meanwhile, I've lost my pathetic excuse for a build, and while I've kept my horrendous eating habits, the constant walking and hiking has helped to drop me down to about 160 lbs.  Then there is my facial hair experiment!  No shaving, haircuts, or other metrosexual (homosexual more apt?) manscaping.

Love,
Mountain Man Dan

3 comments:

  1. Dan you are HILARIOUS! I love to read this stuff! I miss your sense of humor :(

    Please don't get too skinny on us! Come to my house, we'll fix you right up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad I missed your party this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was definitely a fun one - had a new mix of people there too! Nice to branch out!

    ReplyDelete