Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Farewell Alaska

After two and a half months, my time in Alaska is coming to a close.  I've had a great time living on a mountain, giving tours of an old mining town, hiking, seeing drastic weather changes, and being isolated from most national current events.  I've also had the pleasure to meet some great people, like Matt, Deb, Tan, and Desi.

I am a little disappointed that I never saw any of the local celebrities.  No Sarah Palin sightings.  I have been living close to her hometown of Wasilla.  While in my head, I would have told her how awful she is, I'm sure if actually saw her, I would have been a complete whore and asked for an autograph.  No Bristol or Levi Johnston either.  There aren't many people living in the Mat-Su Valley, have they moved away?  I think Bristol has, while Sarah has been on her part vacation/part publicity stunt bus tour.  Levi might be in a ditch somewhere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/15/sarah-palins-illinois-vis_n_926988.html

No comments:

Post a Comment